Sometimes I just need a good ol’ sloppy breath.
A breath that might not be “lady like.”
A breath that might sound funny or weird.
A breath that might not be “perfect,” but is exactly what I need.
So what exactly is a sloppy breath?
First, let’s practice some breath awareness:
- Where in your body do you feel your breath?
- What’s the temperature of your breath?
- What’s the quality of your breath?
Now, take a deep inhale & exhale out your mouth…
Like really exhale.
Take another deep breath & this time on your exhale, let some sound escape.
Deep breath again, exhale more sound & now allow your body to participate….
Maybe you slouch over. Maybe you wiggle. Maybe you shake it out. Maybe you slouch & wiggle & you shake it all out.
Whatever inspires you to really exhale.
Final big deep inhale & combine it all together:
- Exhale open mouth
- Allow sound to escape
- Follow the exhale with your body
- Wiggle to get that breath out all the way (this tends to make a really funny sound that gets me giggling)
Return to your natural breathing & listen to what your body wants. Stretch, twist, jump up & down. #YouDoYou